Nando’s Peri-Peri Sticky Wings
Most of you love, remember or at least know Nando’s Peri-Peri Chicken. The famous Portuguese sauce is widely prevalent across Africa, and evokes real nostalgia when eaten outside of South Africa. Many South Africans have voiced their anger at the absence of a Nando’s in Hong Kong.
Well, be angry no more! Not only does The South African Shop stock all the Nando’s sauces, we are going to share with you some of our favourite Nando’s sauces recipes. These are all fairly simple but insanely delicious! As a chicken wings addict the first recipe I thought I’d share is Nando’s sticky chicken wings
80ml fresh lemon juice
80ml low-sodium soy sauce
80ml melted apricot jam
80ml Nando’s Peri-Peri Medium heat sauce
- Preheat the oven to 170°C
- Mix the lemon juice, soy sauce, apricot jam and peri-peri sauce together until properly combined
- Score the chicken wings and place them in a large ziplock bag
- Pour the sauce over the chicken, making sure to fully coat all the wings
- For best results, marinate for up to 24 hours before cooking, but otherwise, 1-3 hours will do
- Place the chicken in a shallow ovenproof dish
- Roast for about an hour, making sure to turn occasionally, or until the wings are glazed and brown
- Serve with a side of green salad and rice
And there you have it – a delicious zingy dish that’s simple to put together and will be wolfed down in seconds.