Boerewors Tomato Pasta
The first recipe we want to share with you is a quick, easy and utterly scrumptious boerewors tomato pasta that you can whip up in minutes. It is firm favourite of ours for when you get home and can’t be bothered to put in a lot of effort for dinner, but still want something delicious!
500gms of South African Shop Original Boerewors
2 cups of halved cherry tomatoes
1 box of chopped tomatoes
1/2 tblspn of tomato paste
1/2 an onion
2 cloves of garlic
Pasta of your choice
A fistful of fresh basil leaves – roughly chopped
Splash of olive oil
A pinch – ½ tsp of chilli flakes if you need a little spice
Parmesan to serve
- In a large pan heat up a splash of olive oil and add diced onion and garlic.
- In a separate frying pan cook the boerewors until lightly browned or 3/4 cooked.
- At that point, take the boerewors out and slice into smallish discs. Set aside
- Boil the water and cook pasta until al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, pour some of the remaining fat into frying pan with the onions for flavour.
- Pour in a box of chopped tomatoes, 1/2 tblspn of tomato paste and let thicken.
- Add in the cherry tomatoes and the boerewors discs, and the chilli flakes and heat through.
- Season with salt, pepper and basil as desired.
- Serve with pasta and a grating of parmesan cheese.